SR ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER (Air Program)
SR ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER (Air Program)
IL - Illinois
Health, Safety & Environment
SR ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER (Air Program) – Decatur, IL - Drive Environmental Compliance and Innovation!
This a full-time, exempt position.
Are you ready to take on a pivotal role in ensuring air quality compliance and driving environmental excellence? We have an exciting opportunity for an Air Program Lead in Decatur, IL. As the Air Program Lead, you will report to the Decatur Complex Environmental Manager and be an integral part of our EHS Center of Excellence, directly supporting the Decatur Complex. Join us in our mission to create a greener future!
- Be the air quality expert! Provide subject matter expertise and support for air regulations, air permitting, and Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reporting for the entire ADM Decatur Complex.
- Lead the charge! Take ownership of all air permitting activities for the Decatur Complex, including New Source Review (NSR), Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD), and Title V. This includes conducting emissions calculations, preparing permitting documents, engaging with agencies, and providing compliance guidance.
- Drive environmental progress! Support CAPEX and operations-driven projects at the Decatur Complex, ensuring environmental due diligence, permitting, and compliance. Contribute to the development of air quality-focused environmental improvement projects.
- Be the knowledge hub! Evaluate and effectively communicate air permitting and compliance requirements to Decatur facility environmental support, operations leadership, and internal stakeholders, fostering a culture of understanding and adherence.
- Maintain data integrity! Update and maintain the established electronic environmental database, keeping it current as new permits are issued.
- Champion regulatory compliance reporting! Prepare and submit regulatory air reporting submissions, including Annual Emissions Reports, Title V compliance reports, and Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reports specific to the Decatur Complex. Conduct thorough data analysis to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure accuracy through testing! Manage air emissions source testing and interpret the data for the Decatur Complex facilities, enabling us to make informed decisions.
- Bridge the gap! Serve as a seamless interface between ADM's project team and consulting team, effectively conveying technical, schedule, and financial information in a timely and professional manner.
- Foster best practices! Participate in compliance audits and contribute to the development of Best Management Practices (BMP), ensuring our operations align with the highest environmental standards.
- Collaboration is key! Foster effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, as well as regulatory agencies, to drive environmental success.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Environmental Management or other related program preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience with progressive responsibility preferably in a process industrial environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Illinois and federal air quality permitting and compliance requirements.
- Strong understanding of Environmental Justice and how it impacts air permitting.
- Experience with emissions source testing and Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS).
- Knowledge and experience with Toxic Release Inventory requirements, methodologies, and reporting.
- Must communicate effectively with engineering and operations technical staff, legal counsel, and regulatory agency personnel.
- This position requires the ability to work in a variety of conditions such as an office environment, indoors/outdoors, hot/cold weather as well as physical demands such as standing, kneeling, and sitting for prolonged periods of time, climbing stairs/ladders and the ability to work in confined spaces in a variety of environmental conditions.
Relocation Assistance is available with this position.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
We are committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive total rewards program. Our total rewards include innovative programs and solutions to support your health, financial, professional and personal needs. We offer - Medical, dental, vision, life and disability Insurance, PTOs, Pensions and stock-options, 401(k)/ ESOP, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Club Reimbursement Program, Child Physical Activity Program, Employee Discount Programs, Tuition Assistance, ERG (Employee Resource groups), Parental leave, Adoption Assistance Plan.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
- REF: 66882BR “AJCIND”
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We're a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We're blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We're a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We're an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we're a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.