Process Control Engineer/Specialist
Process Control Engineer/Specialist
IL - Illinois
Operations: Manufacturing, Production, Maintenance, Utilities
Process Control Engineer/Specialist Level 1
Process Optimization COE
This is a full time, exempt position
The Process Control Engineer/Specialist will provide plant support of automation systems to ensure Operations are successful through guidance, troubleshooting, and standard work. They will work with Operations and other COEs to execute projects while applying global standards. The Specialist will proactively seek opportunities for automation to mitigate risk, improve efficiency, and drive optimization projects. They will support and advance the standardization and documentation of automation systems.
The Specialist will also contribute to plant culture by supporting safety initiatives and Performance Excellence.
- Understands and is accountable for full compliance with safety and other EHS requirements.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of production processes, equipment and operations in the interest of developing, improving and maintaining process and safety interlocks
- Develop or modify Automation controls to achieve desired control processes, and troubleshoot systems to identify and resolve hardware or software deficiencies
- Develop and maintain documentation of automation hardware and software related to automation control systems
- Ability to work well within groups or with minimal supervision to meet department goals
- Communicate status updates and suggestions for improvements
- Pursue/maintain industry specific training and certifications relative to this position and for career advancement
- Ability to effectively coach and develop other colleagues
- The candidate must be capable of working in extreme temperatures. Must have the ability to climb stairs, lift and move a minimum of 40 pounds, and sit and stand for long periods of time. Should be able to work in confined spaces and heights.
- Available for on-call rotation for off-hours, holiday and weekend coverage.
- Occasional company travel may be required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer or Automation Engineering. Equivalent experience in the Process Automation field will be considered.
- 2+ years of experience with process control in an industrial environment
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV, Novatech D/3 systems, Rockwell PlantPAx applications and OSIsoft PI
- Familiarity with Industrial Networks (ie. TCP/IP, ControlNet®, DH+, Modbus, etc.)
- Knowledge of Industrial Process Control including instrumentation, AC/DC Electrical systems, Piping & Instrument Diagrams
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve, and repair issues with control systems and work safely with and around AC & DC voltages up to 120V
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We're a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We're blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We're a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We're an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we're a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.