Sr Training Supervisor
About The Position
The Senior Training Supervisor is responsible for supervising, leading, and instructing journeyman/apprentice Polyphase Metering Technicians and other operations personnel enrolled in on-going programs.
Key responsibilities include:
· Provide instruction and training on a variety of topics associated with the construction and maintenance of electric distribution necessary for achieving skill improvement and maintaining job qualifications. Plan, develop, schedule, present, and revise associated lesson plans with emphasis on the integration of safe work practices into training programs. Travel throughout Illinois to deliver training.
· Evaluate apprentice performance for the purposes of advancement or disqualification including discipline or dismissal from the apprenticeship in accordance with the terms of the apprenticeship agreements.
· Supervise Ameren & contractor personnel during emergency/storm situations.
· Monitor employee performance during training and/or on-the-job and provide coaching and feedback to enhance performance. Evaluate trainee performance through observation, testing and assessment to determine if the trainee is performing at the appropriate level to carry out the daily duties and responsibilities of the position.
· Form relationships with internal and external clients to proactively identify performance gaps and offer the client potential solutions. Provide consultative/advisory services.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of training materials/programs and develop and/or implement the modifications necessary to ensure continuous improvement.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Five or more years of relevant operations experience (e.g., polyphase metering, electrical operations or construction, electrical engineering; smart grid applications/programming and/or substations) required. Supervisory or team/project leadership preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Able to demonstrate skills required of a Polyphase Metering Technician. Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with installing/exchanging/removing/testing self-contained and transformer rated electric meters, AC/DC theory, ICC part 410 standards. Proven ability to read and interpret construction drawings and utilization of related material and equipment. Demonstrated ability to work safely. Thorough knowledge of (Ameren) Safety Rules preferred. Systems proficiency (e.g., Microsoft Office, OAS, DOJM, Insight LMS, etc.) preferred.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.