About The Position
The Distribution Engineer performs system planning and circuit analysis of distribution circuits 15kV and below and develops remediation plans as needed; performs project engineering and project management duties in order to complete plans, designs, cost estimates, and construction of electric distribution facilities with emphasis on safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. This position has the ability to work hybrid with three days in the office and two days at home after sufficient training has been completed. It is not required to live in the town of the job posting but living within a reasonable distance of the office location is required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, design, cost estimate, budget and manage projects related to new business, reliability, government highway or local road projects, system growth, and essential maintenance for the electric systems..
- Provide engineering assistance and technical support to field engineering representatives and other Region personnel. Performs power quality/trouble shooting analysis for customers' facilities.
- Meets with residential and commercial customers, architects, contractors, and other appropriate contacts to determine actions needed to fulfill customers' requests. Provide customers with information regarding rates, lighting, wiring, NEC, and NESC code interpretations, and other service requirements and needs.
- Perform engineering and design of electric extensions or modifications in response to customer service requests, including: determining the impact of additional loads on the existing electric distribution system; securing of permits and rights-of-way; and performing post-construction follow-up.
- Prepare load analysis for electric distribution substations and feeders and develop remediation plans for facilities that warrant corrective action.
- Perform work within various company computer systems, such as DOJM, MAXIMO, MV90, EADMS, CSS, SYNERGI, Load Analysis, OAS and ESRI MAP VIEWER.
- Work with region team members to enhance safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate the installation of Renewable Energy Resources projects from 25kW to 5MW on the distribution system. Perform engineering analysis to allow seamless integration into the electric system and achieve a sustainable energy future.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and region goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Emergency call-out for storm restoration.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred, other engineering disciplines acceptable depending upon qualifications) from an accredited college or university required.
- Completion of power-related courses in college is preferred.
- E.I.T. (Engineer-in-Training) certification or P.E. (Professional Engineer) registration preferred.
- Electrical engineering and project management experience preferred, but will consider recent graduates.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will
Must be self-starter with attention to detail and possess problem-solving, decision-making, communication, and human relation skills. Must have good analytical skills, and advanced computer skills. Must be adaptable and flexible, ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.