Electrical Engineer - System Protection
Ameren is a leader in the energy industry, and our transformation toward more clean, renewable energy is also transforming other industries and infrastructure in our communities. As a regional company serving local customers, we not only serve our a part of them. This isn't just a job. At Ameren, we invest in you, so you can power the quality of life you want.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is one of the core values that guides us in everything we do. We are committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that brings diverse perspectives to every area of our business.
Our benefits include:
- Medical coverage on date of hire
- 100% employer paid cash balance pension plan
- 401(k) with company match fully vested on date of hire
- Minimum of 15 days paid vacation and 12 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
About Ameren Illinois
Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Every day, we deliver electricity to 1.2 million electric and 816,000 natural gas customers in central and southern Illinois. We deliver safe, reliable energy to more than 1,200 communities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design appropriate cost-effective protection schemes, review schematic drawings, perform power system calculations, and conduct coordination studies, while performing other engineering studies as required.
- Schedule and coordinate the activities of purchasing, drafting, construction, and operation to complete projects. Provide cost estimates as required.
- Analyze system outages are the result of the proper protection devices operating. Investigate and evaluate questionable protective system performances.
- Provide consulting services to other groups in matters pertaining to system protective device coordination and/or automation. Conduct special studies including studies for renewable inverter-based connections such as solar and wind.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Option preferred) from an accredited college or university is required. Applicants with Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification is strongly preferred. Active commitment to obtain Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is desired. Experience with symmetrical components and protection devices is recommended. Technical Career Path Level depends upon successful candidate’s credentials.
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.