Distribution System Service Dispatcher
Ameren is a leader in the energy industry, and our transformation toward more clean, renewable energy is also transforming other industries and infrastructure in our communities. As a regional company serving local customers, we not only serve our a part of them. This isn't just a job. At Ameren, we invest in you, so you can power the quality of life you want.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is one of the core values that guides us in everything we do. We are committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that brings diverse perspectives to every area of our business.
Our benefits include:
- Medical coverage on date of hire
- 100% employer paid cash balance pension plan
- 401(k) with company match fully vested on date of hire
- Minimum of 15 days paid vacation and 12 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
About Ameren Illinois
Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Every day, we deliver electricity to 1.2 million electric and 816,000 natural gas customers in central and southern Illinois. We deliver safe, reliable energy to more than 1,200 communities.
About The Position
The Distribution System Service Dispatcher is responsible for assisting the Distribution System Operating Supervisors in the operation of the sub-transmission and distribution system in a safe and cost effective manner to ensure continuity of electric service to customers as well as restoring electric service to customers in a timely manner. They also assist the local service centers with after-hours duties.
Key responsibilities include:
● Monitors incoming calls to the Distribution Control Office (DCO).
● Assists in dispatching and directing field personnel in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner in response to electric system outages and emergencies.
● Monitors the outage management display and initiates the response to incoming outages and service requests. This includes initiating ARCOS callouts for field employees, creating maintenance outages, responding to metering orders, and creating emergency JULIE tickets.
● Assists in restoring outages in a safe and timely manner, including notifying field Duty Supervisors and organizing outage notifications. This includes analyzing information from a variety of electronic systems, operating manuals, customer calls, and any pertinent information from field workers to determine the extent and the cause of outages.
● Verifies with field personnel the correct location of outages, changes the state of identified devices in the ORMAP system to ensure the proper outage counts are documented.
● During emergency storm restoration efforts, verifies system damage with field personnel that are patrolling the system and makes changes in ORMAP to reflect the current state of the distribution system.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Two or more year's relevant experience (e.g., distribution systems, electric utility operations, outage management systems, electric mapping systems, dispatch experience, etc.) required. May consider Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in lieu of experience.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Effective organization, decision-making, troubleshooting, communication, and human-relation skills. PC/Computer skills preferred. Must have the ability to direct a number of diversified, concurrent field activities which could greatly affect Ameren's customers, personnel, and financial resources. Must be able to multitask effectively.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates. POSITION REQUIRES WORKING ROTATING SHIFT SCHEDULES. This position may also require working overtime as needed.
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:Friday December 01, 2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.