Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
As a Forklift Driver at Caterpillar, you will perform a variety of functions to check, receive, verify accuracy of our prime product. You will check, store, disburse or fill orders for parts, materials, tools, equipment and supplies. You will also work with various source documents to verify the accuracy and conditions of parts.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures, and walk, squat, and bend over for intervals at a time
* Maintain and report daily receiving and shipping activities
* Safely perform the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts, materials equipment and supplies.
* Perform related and/or specialized clerical duties and resolves discrepancies as required. Maintains related clerical records and operates computer terminal and/or hand held scanner to access and update information for receiving, counting and order processing.
* Performs housekeeping functions as required.
* Uses mobile equipment as required to facilitate job functions.
* Reports defects and need for repairs.
* Strong commitment to safety and teamwork.
* Prior experience of 1 year or more in a warehouse or similar environment
* Ability to obtain forklift driver certification
* Good communication skills
* Strong commitment to safety and teamwork
Top Candidates Will Also Possess:
* Ability to perform a variety of warehouse functions and do basic math
* Previous forklift experience
*Previous inventory control experience
Starting pay is $19.56 /hr + $.75 cent shift premium
As part of the recruitment process, you need to complete an online assessment. This will be sent to the email you used to apply. Look for an email titled "Your Online Assessment..."
Applicants may and will be placed on 2nd or 3rd shift. This includes Alternate Work Week Schedule and Every Weekend Schedule
Overtime can and will be required
Positions are supplemental - 40 or more hours per week but with no vacation or holiday pay and limited benefits. You can also be placed on any shift and moved at any time to any position.
Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen for prohibited substances
Caterpillar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.