Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Assembly and Test Specialists are a vital part of the overall manufacturing process here at Decatur Caterpillar. Our team of Assembly and Test Specialists are required to meet safety and quality standards in addition to maintaining a clean and organized work area and facility. Our team requires the ability to work with a variety of tools and machinery to assemble or repair products.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Assembling / testing, reworking and repairing machine components
* Operate test machines to test final drive assemblies
* Prepare prime products and attachments for shipping
* Performs required salvage operations in assembly areas as necessary
* Disassemble and reassemble complex assemblies to repair or replace damaged component parts
* Operate remote control crane to specially equipped vehicles to transport prime product
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
* Mechanical background or industrial assembly
* Past assembly experience
* Comfortable with being at heights up to 20 feet off the ground on ladders and lifts
* Ability to perform simple computer operations
* Understanding of both hand and air (pneumatic) tooling
Top Candidates will possess:
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
* Working knowledge of standard and metric sizes and compatibility
* Previous overhead crane experience
* Understand of 5S principles
* Forklift certified
* Ability to read and understand prints and 3D and 2D imagery
Starting pay is $19.56/hr + $.75 shift premium
This opening is on 2nd shift, 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
As part of the recruitment process, you need to complete an online assessment. This will be sent to the email you used to apply. Look for an email titled "Your Online Assessment..."
Position is located in Decatur, IL - no relocation package is offered
Positions are Supplemental with limited benefits with a standard 40 hour work week. There is no holiday or vacation pay. Supplemental Employees can be moved to any shift and any position at any time.
Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen for prohibited substances.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, or O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/span folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.