Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
As a CNC Machinist/Lathe Operator at Caterpillar, Inc., you will set up, operate, and adjust automatic machining centers to perform various machining operations on large parts.
*Starting pay is $25.56 / hr with a $ .75 / if applicable.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Executing machining operations on N/C machining centers to perform complex combinations of machine of machining operations or limited combination of machining operations to specific tolerances.
*Manually operate vertical turret lathes
* Adjusts single spindle automatic cutoff machines to perform cutoff and/or chamfer operations on barstock, tubing, etc.
* Applying safe working methods
*Follow Quality Control Plans
*Load / Unload machines
*Interpret CMM Data
*CNC Operations include, but are not limited to: Turning, Milling, Drilling, Hobbing, Shaping, and Skiving
* Technical school or equal educational background in mechanical or similar discipline
* Previous machine shop experience
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
*Be able to work any shift
Top Candidates will also possess:
* Previous CNC experience
*Machine Drawing / Print Reading Ability
* Awareness of Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain (5S) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
Candidates may be placed on any shift as business needs dictate.
*Position is located in Decatur, IL. No relocation package is available.
*Position is full time with benefits.
Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug for prohibited substances.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, or O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/span folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.