Manager Information Technology
Career Area:Business Technologies, Digital and Data
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Manages employees who are responsible for development projects, teams, and facility site support functions. This role has the responsibility of providing secure and reliable IT services and site support solutions to the Load & Haul Product Group, and the following Resource Industries Operations & Products (RIOP) manufacturing sites: Decatur, IL; South Milwaukee, WI; Sumter, SC. This position also manages the Manufacturing Mobility team to provide solutions for enterprise factory mobile devices.
- Lead a team with responsibility for delivering business outcomes in support of local factory systems and solutions, and by understanding requirements and engaging with service providers.
- Provide operational support to keep factories and offices efficient and secure.
- Monitor and maintain adherence and compliance to quality standards.
- Partner within the Caterpillar IT division and other IT organizations to align strategic and tactical enterprise solutions and ensure smooth transitions with key systems changes.
- Maximize staff contributions through professional growth and development, to increase teamwork and more effectively meet business needs.
- Responsibilities consist of IT leadership to Caterpillar factories to enable Mobile Device Management (MDM) services for mobile devices (barcode scanners, wearables, tablets, etc.) through the MobiControl platform. Services also include Asset Management with mobile devices, ensuring compliance and full lifecycle management with procurement, deployment, support.
- Primary IT Leader contact for site support IT services to internal business partners including escalation point for Priority 1 and 2 service tickets.
Analytical Thinking: Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis; ability to determine the root cause of technical and infrastructure problems and create alternative solutions that resolve physical facility issues.
Leadership: Knowledge of leadership practices and processes; ability to use approaches and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing, and achieving objectives while having a long-term perspective of the end-goal state. Employs leadership attributes such as contingency, mobility, and associated techniques.
IT Service Management (ITSM): Knowledge of Information Technology (IT) service; ability to manage IT services and oversee service operations. Communicates with business partners to analyze potential business needs. Oversees the implementation of procedures and provides troubleshooting solutions for facility technical problems.
System and Technology Integration: Knowledge of the features and facilities of systems; ability to integrate and communicate among applications and technology platforms. Consults with others on system and/or technology integration efforts.
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Relevant degree and/or 5 years of progressively complex IT experiences.
- 3+ years in a leadership role.
- 3+ years of IT factory-facing experience.
- This role will be posted until midnight on Monday, November 27th
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.