Manager Information Technology
Career Area:Business Technologies, Digital and Data
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Manages leaders and employees that are responsible for development projects, teams, and application support functions. This manager will support the Resource Industries segment with the strategic direction, design, and deployment of Caterpillar products. The role has the responsibility to ensure secure and reliable IT services and solutions (factory integration) to the Load & Haul Product Group, and the following Resource Industries Operations & Products (RIOP) manufacturing sites: Decatur, IL; South Milwaukee, WI; Sumter, SC.
- Responsible for the strategic vision and guidance to deliver enterprise standard solutions to achieve long-term business goals.
- Develop relationships with RIOP business partners in understanding their IT needs to recommend strategic direction with OPACC Improvement Agendas (OIA) and present challenges.
- Provide business architecture leadership to guide, organize, and deliver strategic roadmaps.
- Provide operational support to keep factories and offices efficient and secure.
- Monitor and maintain adherence and compliance to quality standards.
- Partner within the Caterpillar IT division and other IT organizations to align strategic enterprise solutions and ensure smooth transitions with key systems changes.
- Maximize staff contributions through professional growth and development, to increase teamwork and more effectively meet business needs.
- Responsibilities consist of IT leadership to Caterpillar factories to enable Mobile Device Management (MDM) services for mobile devices (barcode scanners, wearables, tablets, etc.) through the MobiControl platform. Services also include Asset Management with mobile devices, ensuring compliance and full lifecycle management with procurement, deployment, support.
- Accountability includes distributed application security development, maintenance, and support for several sites (including Decatur and East Peoria Drivetrain).
- Manage direct and indirect IT spend to annual business plan targets established with business partners. Total annual budget of $4-5M.
Information Technology Trends: Knowledge of manufacturing experience, developments and trends related to the organization's use of Information Technology (IT); ability to apply IT knowledge appropriately to benefit the organization, especially factory-facing technologies.
Continuous Transformation: Ability to understand, adapt, respond, and proactively seek changes and innovation in the business environment to improve the competitive advantage. Drive the strategic vision to transform and deploy enterprise standard solutions to enable business goals. SAP ERP and Cloud platform experience enhances the capability to provide this leadership.
Talent Management: Ability to generate consistent approaches for global diversity with hiring, selection, retaining, and leveraging talent across the organization. Promotes mentoring and coaching to reinforce learning and career development. Articulates clarity with goal development to meet objectives and formal performance evaluations to review accomplishments.
Leadership: Knowledge of leadership practices and processes; ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing, and achieving objectives while having a long-term perspective of the future state. Champions behaviors to inspire cohesiveness to motivate the organization to reach a vision.
Matrix Management: Understanding of the importance to leverage external resources when required and ability to build effective working relationships within the department and across functional, and geographic reporting lines. Communicates effectively horizontally and vertically across the enterprise.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Relevant degree and/or 10+ years of progressively complex IT experiences.
- 5+ years in a strategic leadership role.
- 5+ years of IT factory-facing experience.
- 5+ years of experience delivering and supporting SAP ERP solutions.
- 2-3+ years of Amazon or Microsoft cloud platform knowledge.
- This role will be posted until midnight on Monday, November 27th
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.