Production/Logistics Supervisor (Section Manager) - All Shifts
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
At Caterpillar, you can affect work being done on projects around the globe. We build more than machines. Our ideas and solutions can transform our customers’ businesses and lives, our communities and our world. If you’re ready for leadership opportunities, meaningful responsibilities and the autonomy to pursue your passion, come join the Caterpillar team!
Caterpillar’s Resource Industries Operations and Products division is currently seeking Production and Logistics Section Managers for its Decatur, IL facility. As a Section Manager you will supervise and provide leadership to assigned machining, fabrication, or logistics areas while adhering to Caterpillar’s core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment, and sustainability. You will own the value stream metrics for your respective section and partner with support groups in the implementation of changes needed. You will drive continuous improvement efforts as well as practice and teach CPS Lean principles.
Our Section Managers play a key role in our success by leading the production teams and maximizing efficiency in quality, velocity, and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Monitor and improve shop floor safety, aggressively eliminating unsafe processes
* Assure fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules
* Schedule and prioritize constrained resources, and adjust staffing to meet flow and customer requirements
* Manage team performance and development
* Increase production efficiency through continuous improvement and waste elimination via LEAN principles
* Ensure preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule
* Initiate and conduct process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members
* Lead section status reporting and monitor / audit section metrics
* Leas the creation, implementation, and training of standard work procedures
* 3+ years of experience in manufacturing, quality, supply chain, logistics -OR- 2+ years of experience successfully leading teams in any industry
Top candidates will also have:
* College degree (associates or higher)
* 1+ years of experience in a team lead or supervisory role in manufacturing, quality, supply chain, logistics
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers; able to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside your department.
This posting is for multiple positions and Caterpillar Decatur is hiring across all shifts for these roles.
Employee Benefit Details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.