Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Full time position - located in Decatur, IL
As a Fabrication Specialist, you will set up, operate, and adjust manual and/or automatic machines to perform welding operations in all positions.
Pay up to $29.10/hour.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform manual finish welding operations on plain and alloy steels in all positions
- Operate robotic welding equipment
- Follow documented procedures and standard work to perform safe and defect free operations
- Perform carbon arc cutting and gouging
- Sanding will be required to dress welds
- Use of jib and overhead crane to manually position work pieces
- 3+ years of GMAW or FCAW welding experience
- Must be able to pass multiple welder qualification tests during the Caterpillar provided training
- Ability to perform simple computer operations
- Be available to work any shift
- Ability to work overtime to support production demands
- Technical school or equal educational background in mechanical or similar discipline
- Experience using GMAW or FCAW with 0.045” or larger wire
- Experience welding ½” or greater thickness material
Top Candidates will also possess:
- Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- Ability to work well individually or in a team environment
- This is a Full Time position offering benefits including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K etc. This position is located in Decatur, IL
- Shift: 2nd, 3rd, or AWS
- Welders may be placed on any shift, dependent on business needs dictate, and in some areas required to work an alternate work schedule.
- No relocation package is available
- Must be able to pass welder qualification requirements during the Caterpillar provided training by a Certified Welding Educator (CWE), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or approved personnel
Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen for prohibited substances.
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-mediaVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.