Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
At Caterpillar’s Decatur, IL facility, we manufacture and assemble large mining and construction equipment. In this role as a Production Scheduler, you will report to the Manager Production Scheduling and will be primarily responsible for accurately managing material demand through the monthly S&OP planning cycle for the OHT & WTS production machines. Additionally, you will manage OHT & WTS attachment demand. You will work closely with Decatur’s operations, product group, engineering, and material requirements teams and will often have to manage material demand based on product group, customer, & demand requirements at the Decatur factory. As a member of the Supply Chain team, you will need to have a growth mindset, promote continuous improvement, and help build a defect-free culture. We have a fabulous team that does some of the most exciting work at Caterpillar, and we can’t wait for you to join the team!
What you will do:
Responsible for coordinating with cross functional teams such as Operations & Supply Chain for preparing order management & schedules to fulfill product orders from the facility.
Multi-task and time management in order to meet business cycle scheduling timelines.
Monitors the production plan and modifies as needed to maintain acceptable product availability and schedule adherence to meet customer delivery date expectations. Assists in the development of a plan and business case for critical review by Product Managers, materials, and factory managers, explaining why this plan provides the best compromise to conflicting objectives.
What Skills you will have:
Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Level Extensive Experience:
• Reviews others' writing or presentations and provides feedback and coaching.
• Adapts documents and presentations for the intended audience.
• Demonstrates both empathy and assertiveness when communicating a need or defending a position.
• Communicates well downward, upward, and outward.
• Employs appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement.
• Maintains focus on the topic at hand.
Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to diverse situations.
Level Working Knowledge:
• Identifies and documents specific problems and resolution alternatives.
• Examines a specific problem and understands the perspective of each involved stakeholder.
• Develops alternative techniques for assessing accuracy and relevance of information.
• Helps to analyze risks and benefits of alternative approaches and obtain decision on resolution.
• Uses fact-finding techniques and diagnostic tools to identify problems.
Cross-Team Integration: Understanding of the importance of inter-team collaboration in breaking down silos and achieving business results; ability to lead employees from various functions to communicate, coordinate work across divisions, and collaborate in solving problems as one team.
Level Working Knowledge:
• Maintains a strong internal network that promotes informal collaboration.
• Shares information that may be relevant to other teams across divisions.
• Assesses the potential synergies from combining common practices across teams.
• Identifies differences among teams that could cause barriers to effective integration.
• Applies relevant information gathered from comparable teams to own team.
Forecasting: Knowledge of forecasting tools, approaches and practices; ability to determine product demand and estimate production requirements and loads.
Level Working Knowledge:
• Participates in preparation of short-term forecasts for a specific product or site.
• Gathers and analyzes demand data with specific tools and procedures.
• Locates useful information and sources of input used in weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts.
• Researches seasonal trends for a major product or product line.
• Explains common types of business conditions and activities that impact demand.
Education and Experience requirement:
2+ years of Supply Chain experience
The primary location for this position is Decatur, IL
Domestic relocation assistance is not available
This position may require 5% travel
Sponsorship is not available
This posting will close at midnight on February 15, 2024
What you will get:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides:
Competitive Base Salary
Annual incentive bonus plan*
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
401k savings plan
Health savings account (HSA)
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Short and long-term disability coverage
Paid parental leave
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
*Subject to annual eligibility and incentive plan guidelines.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
#LIVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Posting Dates:January 31, 2024 - February 15, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.