Assembly Production Manager
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Impact Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar’s Resource Industries Operations and Products division is currently seeking a 1st shift Assembly Production Manager at the Decatur, IL facility. As an Assembly Production Manager, you will supervise and provide leadership to a team of assemblers while adhering to Caterpillar’s core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment, and sustainability. You will own the value stream metrics for your respective section and partner with support groups in the implementation of changes needed. You will drive continuous improvement efforts as well as practice and teach LEAN principles. Our Production Managers play a key role in our success by leading the production teams and maximizing efficiency in quality, velocity, and cost. We have a fabulous team that does some of the most exciting work at Caterpillar, and we can’t wait for you to join the team!
What you will do:
- Monitor and improve shop floor safety, eliminate any unsafe operations, and ensure a safe and clean test environment.
- Schedule and prioritize constrained resources and adjust staffing to meet flow and customer requirements.
- Manage team performance and development.
- Increase production efficiency through continuous improvement and waste elimination via LEAN principles.
- Initiate and conduct process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members.
- Lead section status reporting and monitor/audit section metrics.
- Lead the creation, implementation, and training of standard work procedures.
- Present during daily shift start meetings, train others, interact with customers
- Must be able to work continuously on one’s feet for 8 to 10 hours per day in a variety of harsh environmental conditions (i.e. inside/outside, hot/cold/inclement weather, dusty environment)
- Monitor, engage safety efficiency, and promote stop to fix
What Skills you will have:
- Quality Management: Knowledge of quality management methods, tools, and techniques and ability to create and support an environment that meets the quality goals of the organization.
- Planning and Organizing: Knowledge of the process of planning and arranging tasks and resources; ability to plan and organize both time and resources to get things completed while structuring and maintaining work in a systematic and highly methodical way.
- Process Improvement: Understanding and insight into evaluating current product quality and production methods and ability to maintains focus on the continuous improvement of processes, products and services.
- 3+ experience in a manufacturing environment
Top Candidates will also have:
- Prior supervisory experience in production setting
- Experience with Microsoft office applications
- Strong Background in leadership, team building and execution
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees
- Experience leading in a union environment
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside your department
The primary location for this position is Decatur, IL
Domestic relocation assistance is not available
Sponsorship is not available
This posting will close at midnight on February 13, 2024
What you will get:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual incentive bonus plan*
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- 401k savings plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
*Subject to annual eligibility and incentive plan guidelines.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
Posting Dates:February 5, 2024 - February 12, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.