Decatur, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Prepares, seasons, and cooks food for hospital patients, contracted meals, employees and visitors.
Hours: Day and Evenings Shifts Needed
- Identifies with, shares in, and displays a commitment to the mission, philosophy, and objectives of the organization. Demonstrates knowledge of the mission, gives consideration to the principles of the mission (core values: Compassion, Ability, Respect, Excellence, and Service).
- Participates in and supports performance improvement and risk management activities.
Requisitions, prepares, season, cooks and serves food.
- Prepares or supervises washing, peeling, trimming, slicing, dicing, baking, broiling, steaming, seasoning and garnishing of food items.
- Follows standardized recipes; prepares and cooks proper amounts needed with the proper ingredients.
- Tests food by smelling, tasting and taking temperatures.
- Displays and serves the food in an attractive and appetizing manner.
Uses proper sanitation and safety procedures for utensils and equipment.
- Ensures sanitation principles are followed.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
Cooks food at optimum time for serving; anticipates quantity needed. Labels food.
- Reviews production worksheets to determine amounts of food to remove from storage and amounts of food to prepare.
- Cooks for large special events.
- Displays and serves food in attractive and appetizing manner.
- Frequently questions mistakes on the work sheets and cooks more or less food accordingly.
- Cleans vegetables and meats to minimize amount thrown away.
- Labels and dates leftover foods; stores in shallow covered pans; rotates the food.
- Reviews production worksheets; orders adequate but not excessive supplies.
- Creatively uses leftovers to reduce waste.
Assists other employees as needed.
- Assists in training new employees.
- Instructs room service and cafeteria employees with food usage.
Promotes good customer relations.
- Shares information about ingredients when asked.
- Greets customers with a smile; lists menu items for undecided customers.
- Works well with deadlines; maintains composure in difficult and demanding situations and attempts solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Other Requirements
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have a minimum of two years experience in quantity food preparation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of culinary techniques.