Maintenance Mechanic/Boiler Operator
Provides general maintenance and maintains boilers at all areas of Memorial Health System as assigned. Ensures that work is completed per established policies/procedures, work order specifications and appropriate codes. Embodies the Memorial Health Values of Safety, Integrity, Quality, and Stewardship that support our mission and vision.
**We have 2 roles open, Night Shift**
**There is shift differential pay that can be discussed in the recruiter interview**
- Repairs and performs preventative maintenance on machines, mechanical equipment and buildings such as plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, heating systems, windows, doors, floors, woodwork and other parts of building structures efficiently/effectively and per building code and specifications.
- Installs equipment and machinery in the hospital in an effective and efficient manner.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs boilers and all associated equipment in an effective and efficient manner.
- Triages maintenance calls and resolves minor building, repair requests in an efficient manner using materials effectively. Typical duties include replacing faulty electrical switches, repairing air conditioning motors and operating boilers.
- Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values:
- Maintains appropriate dress and appearance, projecting a positive image of the Medical Center.
- Follows all safety procedures/policies and maintains effective standards of cleanliness of the Medical Center and its equipment.
- Knows thoroughly all hospital disaster codes and follows proper procedures immediately.
- Executes job functions in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrates engagement by assisting with completing division goals.
- Coordinates assigned work to meet the needs of customers, patients and visitors and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Develops efficient and effective work practices that utilize time and material efficiently.
- Participates in department on-call rotation as necessary.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Associates Degree in mechanical/science field, trades certificate, or completion of an apprenticeship program or 10 years work experience in commercial maintenance related field required. HVAC certification strongly preferred.
- Must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required).
- Four years commercial building maintenance or boiler systems experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand blueprints and other technical specifications.
- Follow written and oral instructions and record data.
- Knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, electrical and carpentry skills.
- Knowledge of steam boilers and standard boiler procedures.
- Must possess routine hand tools used in the general maintenance trade.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and apply complex building codes such as NFPA and Joint Commission.
- Have basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for long periods of time.