Off Duty Police Officer
Protects life, property of all persons on hospital premises and polices buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft and vandalism.
PRN, as needed position.
- Thoroughly patrols buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, vandalism or safety hazards.
- Courteously escorts visitors, patients and staff to and from parking areas. Responds to requests for services.
- Responds to “Code Reds” and drills in accordance with fire alarm procedures outlined in the Hospital Fire Plan.
- Demonstrates good judgment in determining priorities in responding to emergency situations appropriately. Controls disorderly patients in a therapeutic manner by identifying the need, level, and type of crisis intervention necessary.
- Maintains accurate and factual typed reports of logs of tour of duty.
- Compliance with departmental or Hospital directives and policy.
- Quality of patient, visitor, staff relations. Strives to be a productive and positive-minded team member of the department and Hospital. (Evaluator’s judgment based partially on feedback from patients, employees, and visitors.
- Extent to which appropriate safety precautions are adhered to, both personally and as it relates to others and the facility at large.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate degree in liberal arts or related field. Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license. Must be active full time police officer that is certified by the State of Illinois. Will receive patient restraint and one-on-one inservice training. Must have a valid FOID card or ability to obtain one within 10 days of hire.