Under general supervision, provides basic lawn care and ground maintenance for the Medical Center System. Assists with procedures, instructions and completing individual assignments.
- Provide care of grounds which includes: mowing, raking leaves, watering, fertilizing, edging, planting of grass and flowers, trimming, de-thatching lawn, painting as required and parking lot stripping.
- Maintain external appearance of the Medical Center by cleaning driveways, entrances and disposing of trash.
- Remove snow by snow plow, shovel, squeegee, snow blower or other approved methods.
- Transport materials/equipment by hand, dolly or truck to work site.
- Interact with hospital personnel and patients/visitors in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Perform pre start-up inspection of power equipment and minor repairs of grounds equipment and tools.
- Maintain appropriate dress and appearance, projecting a positive image of the Medical Center.
- Consistently follows all safety procedures/policies in completing work assignments.
- Execute job function in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required).
Minimum 2 years’ experience in grounds and lawn maintenance preferred.
Knowledge of basic operation of lawn and snow removal equipment.