Responsible for workflow ensuring paper medical records get incorporated into the electronic health record including retrieving documents from patient care units, preparing medical record documents, chart editing, repair, indexing, quality review, validating and auditing within the patient record. Responsible for verifying accurate and complete documentation within the record according to regulations. Responsible for Release of Information duties, which requires knowledge of HIPAA and customer service skills. Utilizes knowledge, including but not limited to, medical coding, revenue cycle, Joint Commission regulations, and HIPAA. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Quality, Integrity and Stewardship that support our mission, vision and values.
- Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Quality, Integrity and Stewardship that support our mission, vision and values:
- SAFETY: Prevent Harm - I will put safety first in everything I do. I will speak up, without fear, on matters of patient and colleague safety. I will take action to create an environment of zero harm.
- QUALITY: Improve Outcomes - I will continually advance my knowledge and skills. I will seek out continuous improvement opportunities. I will deliver evidence-based care that leads to excellence in outcomes.
- INTEGRITY: Show respect and Compassion - I will respect others and show compassion. I will behave honesty and ethically. I will be accountable for my attitude, actions and health.
- STEWARDSHIP: Reduce Waste - I will use resources wisely and maintain financial stability. I will work together to coordinate care and services across the health system. I will promote healthier communities.
- Retrieves records from various departments and performs extensive search of missing records from units.
- Creates appropriate discharge register to verify receiving of record.
- Prepares record for scanning according to HIM processing policy and procedures.
- Processes electronic images in the electronic medical record system according to HIM processing policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized, and function well in stressful situations.
- Communicates and coordinates with ancillary departments, physicians, medical offices and coding.
- Provides customer service support to patients who call or present with questions and requests.
- Performs appropriate quality reviews according to Joint Commission regulations.
- Ensures patient information is released appropriately with accurate authorization to patients, other healthcare organizations for continuation of care, insurance providers to ensure payment, government agencies, and in response to legal requests.
- Performs processes in accordance with CMS guidelines.
- Adheres to the Statement of Values and Behavioral Standards.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or post-secondary education preferred.
- 1-year satisfactory clerical/support experience preferred.
- 1-year satisfactory customer service experience preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- General anatomy & physiology knowledge preferred.
- Word processing/computer application experience and knowledge required. Proficient in Microsoft word, excel and outlook.