Assistant Plant Controller
Mueller Company (Mueller Co.), the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an opening in our Decatur, Illinois operations for an Assistant Plant Controller.
Job Summary: Provide analytical and strategic support to Plant Controller and other Operations Management of the Decatur Operations. The primary duties of this position will be managing the facility specific KPI’s as well as completing analytical views that help management take actions that support the business objectives of the Decatur Plant. This position will be a “cost expert”, helping manage costs as well as helping to build and sustain a culture of cost control.
- Provide analytical support to Plant Controller, managing KPI’s, performing cost analysis, etc.
- Assist with monthly financial close.
- Assist with preparation of Annual Operating Plan.
- Facilitate and track all cost savings for the Decatur Plant.
- Assist in maintaining all internal controls as well as assisting with all external and internal audits. This includes the preparation and execution of the annual physical inventory as well as the annual storeroom inventory.
- Assist Operational Excellence by providing analytical support when applicable, as well as participate in various lean events
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with accounting concentration.
- M.B.A. or C.P.A. preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and automated accounting systems.
- Knowledge of IT functions and how they interrelate with accounting and operational needs.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with all levels of employees, management and outside professionals.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent computer/systems/PC skills.
- Ability to perform, manage and/or direct multiple tasks and determine priorities.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.