Engineering Drafter/Designer - Casting Optimization
Summary: The CAD Drafter I uses CAD equipment to provide support to Engineers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches & diagrams.
• Assists with drafting assignments of a routine nature with limited latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Converts engineers' and technicians' rough product design sketches into working documents by digitizing with computer aided design (CAD) to enable a CAD operator to complete related computer entry.
• Maintains standards by reviewing engineering drawings and supporting documentation. Takes appropriate action to resolve details not completely defined.
• Must be able to use various engineering and basic computer software. Final drawings must display completeness, clarity, and accuracy.
Qualifications and Skills:
• 1-2 years’ progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in the discipline/technology/process related to the position.
• Experience and working knowledge of Solidworks is a requirement.
• AutoCAD experience highly desired.
• GD&T knowledge is a plus.
Required Education, Degree, Certifications
• Associate’s degree or Technical Institute degree/certificate with coursework on drafting/modeling equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.