Sr Foundry Tooling Engineer
The Sr. Foundry Tooling Engineer is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining processes associated with development of new foundry pattern tooling and processes with how they are designed, manufactured, and tested. Conceptual development, design, procurement, and startup of patterns and core tooling will be the primary responsibility. Provides hands-on support for the Engineering, Operations, and Quality teams with testing, data collection, and start-of-production involving new patterns and core boxes. Key contributor to projects, innovating foundry processes, and utilization of additive manufacturing technologies.
- Responsible for conceptual development, design, procurement, and startup of patterns and core tooling.
- Responsible for defining and improving pattern design and manufacturing process with an emphasis on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Lead individual in coordinating efforts to effectively implement new product requiring new castings in a cost effective manner
- Active, hands-on participant in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of operations issues.
- Actively train other employees on new and pattern .
- Implements new technology as part of capital projects, maintaining timeline integrity for specific tasks.
- Committed to delivering exceptional results.
- Communicate and interact with all levels of the organization to facilitate action and drive improvements.
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering-related discipline is required.
- Equivalent, relevant experience will be considered
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a foundry environment required
- Experience in a brass foundry highly preferred
- Experience with cold box core making highly preferred
- Experience with green sand molding highly preferred
- 1-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment involving high speed machining and automation is preferred.
- Experience with Solidworks is required
- Equivalent, relevant modeling software experience will be considered
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Familiarity with CNC programming, especially basic manual programming, cutting tools, and part work holding.
- Experience with Magmasoft Simulation software preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.