Casting Simulation Engineer
The Casting Simulation Engineer will work with a team utilize casting simulation to develop gating and feeding systems for various castings. Responsibilities will include working effectively and efficiently in with an extended team; drive appropriate improvements in mold yield; drive efficient and effective manufacturing processes as impacted by simulation and tooling design.
- Performs pre and post analysis of solid models in casting simulation environment.
- Develops gating and riser and/or chills required to produce superior quality castings.
- Works closely with metallurgist and tooling engineering to provide technical problem solving for the foundry.
- Performs CAD modeling and provides the rigging geometry for tooling engineering.
- Responsible for quality conscious design including cost, weight, reliability and ease of manufacturing.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work as a team as part of a larger project.
- Apply knowledge and experience with GD&T practices for component design and specification.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel for calculations and other Microsoft office tools for communication and presentation.
- Responsible for defining and improving foundry and manufacturing process with an emphasis on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Active, hands-on participant in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of operations issues.
- Committed to delivering exceptional results.
- Communicate and interact with all levels of the organization to facilitate action and drive improvements.
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering-related discipline is required.
- Equivalent, relevant experience will be considered
- 1 - 4 years’ experience in a foundry environment required
- Experience in a brass foundry highly preferred
- Experience with cold box core making highly preferred
- Experience with green sand molding highly preferred
- Experience with SolidWorks is required
- Equivalent, relevant modeling software experience will be considered
- Experience with Magmasoft Simulation software highly preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Familiarity with CNC machining utilized in typical manufacturing
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.