Mueller is seeking a Plant Accountant to join the Decatur team. The position requires thorough knowledge of general accounting methods, principles and practices. The role with develop and implement solutions to daily accounting issues and prepare accurate and timely financial reports. The activities are moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
- Perform accounting and monthly close process for assigned functions and activities.
- Perform all phases of accounting from general ledger, financial statements and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Provide timely, accurate and customer responsive financial reporting for both internal and external reporting purposes.
- Prepare and post recurring, standard, and monthly journal entries.
- Review and process invoices substantiating business transactions.
- Prepare summaries, reports, charts, etc. as requested.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Extract general ledger information.
- Reconcile report discrepancies.
- Review, balance, and interpret computer reports and make necessary corrections.
- Assist employees, vendors, clients or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Assist with budgets and preparation of various budgets.
- Prepare timely and accurate reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors and provide client prepared schedules on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance by adopting a customer-based philosophy in level of service provided. Provide backup support to other team members.
- Assist business units and respond to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Monitor Capital expenditures and coordinate project submissions and project closeouts.
- Perform daily ship confirmation and revenue recognition controls
- Various productivity and labor reporting
- Various ad-hoc reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting; Masters is a plus.
- Two plus years’ progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in the discipline/technology/process related to the position including experience as team member on project teams in a cross functional environment.
- Preferred manufacturing or general accounting experience.
- Outstanding PC/Systems knowledge and skills.
- Strong leadership, communications and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of employees, customers and outside professionals.
- Knowledge dealing with complex accounting situations, quality standards, product development, technical specifications and project management.
- Experience with forecasting, budgeting, and costing accounting a plus
Mueller offers a competitive salary and a complete benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, stock options, disability, paid holidays and vacation plus much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.