Analyst II, Materials/Planning
Join the Mueller team! Seeking a Material Planner I on 1st shift. Are you an individual looking to flourish as a supply chain professional? Would you like to be part of a company involved in the transmission of clean drinking water for more than 150 years? Mueller Company (Mueller Co.), the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an immediate opening for a Material Planner in our Decatur, IL facility. Mueller Co.’s manufacturing commitment ensures one of the world’s most precious resources, clean drinking water, reaches millions of people on a daily basis. Come be a part of something that sustains and enriches the lives of every human being. As a Material Planner you would maintain daily and weekly shop floor priorities and schedules while interfacing with manufacturing and other personnel to resolve material status and planning issues, all while earning a competitive base salary and full benefit offerings for a well-rounded total package for the right individual.
Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain shop floor priorities and schedules
- Maintain daily and weekly schedules
- Monitor schedule attainment and schedule adherence metrics
- Interface with manufacturing and other personnel to resolve material status and planning issues
- Use common planning concepts, practices, and procedures
- Follow planning standard work
Primary work hours will be Monday through Friday. Work hours will vary based on customer requirements. This position is salaried non-exempt and qualifies for overtime pay. A complete benefit package is included including medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, stock options, disability and more!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work effectively in a team. Knowing role on team, based on project/task
- Demonstrated ability to successfully achieve goals through influence
- Demonstrated analytical mindset
- Ability to follow and challenge Standard Work processes on a daily basis
- Ability to adapt to system/technology changes as well as use of current systems
- Ability to identify road blocks in material/information flow and manage exceptions
- Demonstrated Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to blend multiple sources of data to formulate opinions and recommendations
Associates Degree in business-related field preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.