Account Manager, Industrial Starch Sales
Account Manager, Industrial Starch Sales
Ready for a Sales career with more impact? Join a market leader in ingredient manufacturing that is poised for a new era of success.
Established yet entrepreneurial: Primient is an industry leader with proven products, six manufacturing plants, 1500+ employees and deep roots in corn wet milling. Yet we’re also a brand-new company that is ready to drive change and create impact.
Inspired by a meaningful purpose: we use renewable sources to produce plant-based ingredients for some of the world’s best-known brands. It feels good to produce safe, high-quality, sustainable products – that go into everything from sodas to hand cream and cardboard to clothing.
Poised for a new era of success: we’re investing in our plants and people to unlock our potential in the industrial and food sectors. Guided by our values of Safety, Excellence, Integrity, and Growth, we’re focused on growing our business, our reputation, and the career of every colleague.
A Sales career at Primient offers the chance to earn lucrative incentives while growing your experience and expertise. Our Sales function is a driving force behind the Primient business with a central role to play in realizing our growth potential. The team is split into two to serve our key market sectors: Food & Beverage and Industrial Starches. We are excited by the chance to grow our relationships with customers that range from world-famous brands to specialist manufacturers.
This position requires a best-in-class salesperson who has in-depth knowledge of the adhesives and building products industry, including insights and trends driving the consumer demand. An Account Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining professional relationships with current and prospective customers. Expertise drawing on relationship management and professional maturity to penetrate and expand the account relationship, defend existing business, and build new business via Primient product solutions.
This will be a home-based position with the ideal candidate domiciled in the Midwest region of the US.
Key responsibilities: Account Manager
- Responsible for driving account penetration, expanding the relationship cross functionally and using those relationships to drive results
- Manage key customer relationships and negotiate customer agreements that deliver against annual operating plans aligned with Primient BI NOAM
- Develop and execute account plans focused on growth strategy and manage the opportunity pipeline
- Monitor any variances and work closely with product management, customer service and internal operations team to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Capable of near- and long-term complex forecasting and account planning
- Communicate with management by providing regular CRM updates via Salesforce.com; Call / Activity Reports, Sales Opportunities, Contracting Progress, Updated Account Information and Contract Information; participating in campaigns and proactive lead management, etc.
- Attend and contribute at sales meetings and conference calls
- Work cross functionally to ensure customer performance goals are met, forecasting, accounts receivable, transportation, customer service and compliance documentation requested by customers
- Routine on-site customer visits including starch handling, make down and cooking equipment.
- Routine on-site customer audits to assure our products are performing as designed
Essential to do the role:
- Experienced account management/relationship management resulting in professional maturity around negotiation, track record of success, identifying opportunities, forecast capability, well versed in account planning, strong understanding of strategy and execution with consideration of the big picture. Portfolio management industry experience including National Account expansion drawing on relationship management and professional maturity.
- Previous experience in selling or managing pulp and paper related products
- Demonstrated ability to navigate a highly matrixed environment
- Visible leader both internally and externally with demonstrated organizational savvy.
- Near and long-term complex forecast capability and account planning.
- Strong strategy comprehension and big picture execution
- Portfolio management
- Demonstrated ability to communicate customer needs and market insights to internal departments
- Outstanding communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter that is highly organized, with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- An exhibited dedication to safety and commitment to making safety a number one priority
- History of success in both entrepreneurial and large, complex company environments
- Willingness to travel 50 to 70% (combination road and air)
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years of value-added adhesives and / or building products experience, preferably sales or customer facing role
Rewards & benefits
Competitive salary / 401 K matching and non-contingent matching plans / Healthcare / Medical insurance
Our structure provides autonomy and accountability in your role. You have scope to develop a depth of expertise and the opportunity to follow career pathways outside the norm.
We prefer a candidate in the mid-west region, but are open to other locations.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are passionate believers in the power of difference. We strive to represent the communities in which we operate and to provide an inclusive, welcoming environment for all. We want Primient to be a place where every employee feels they belong and knows they are seen, heard, valued and safe to speak up. Our aspiration is to unlock the full potential in diverse perspectives, while offering everyone an equal chance to grow, thrive and progress.
Primient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.