Process Operator – Decatur, IL
As a process operator you will be a key part of our operations team, helping to ensure the safe operation of our process through a highly automated, state-of-the-art system that produces ingredients for the food, beverage, paper, packaging, animal feed, and other industries.
There is no typical day and across your work, you may be working in hot and cold temperatures or be required to climb stairs and ladders, lift and carry 55 lbs., and perform other physical duties.
Successful candidates must pass a drug screen, background check, and complete a standardized work skills assessment.
Building a Better Future through Nature and Science!
Primient is a leading producer of food and industrial ingredients made from plant-based, renewable sources. We deliver value through deep technical, commercial, and operational excellence that is backed by our long-standing corn wet milling heritage. Wherever we are in the process, from field to customer, our priorities are focused on ensuring we produce the safest, highest quality products through practices that uphold both our responsibility and commitments to our people and our planet.
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate basic math, reading, and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about safety not only for yourself, but for your co-workers as well
- Ability to work with limited supervision and with minimal direction across a rotating schedule of 12 hour shifts for our 365/24/7 plant
What we offer you:
- Starting pay of $22.79/hr with opportunity to advance to $37.02 with our pay for skill system.
- Clearly defined career progression with greater responsibilities
- Benefits from Day 1
We are in Decatur, IL. You must be able to work in hot and cold temperatures. This is also a physical job. You must be able climb stairs and ladders, lift and carry 55 lbs., and perform other physical duties. Successful candidates must also past a computer test, drug screen, and background check.