Reliability Engineer, Dec
Looking to speed the progress of your engineering career? Join a market a leader in ingredient manufacturing that is investing in people, plant, and technologies.
Established yet entrepreneurial: Primient is an industry leader with proven products, six manufacturing plants, 1500+ employees and deep roots in corn wet milling. Yet we’re also a brand-new company that is ready to drive change and create impact.
Inspired by a meaningful purpose: we use renewable sources to produce plant-based ingredients for some of the world’s best-known brands. It feels good to produce safe, high-quality, sustainable products – that go into everything from sodas to hand cream and cardboard to clothing.
Poised for a new era of success: we’re investing in our plants to unlock our potential in the industrial and food sectors. Our Engineers will be key to leading projects and programs that help us to shape the technical future of our business – guided by our values of Safety, Excellence, Integrity, and Growth.
Our Reliability Engineer role provides the opportunity to build out your experience and expertise. You’ll quickly gain exposure to wide-ranging challenges, technologies, and processes. You can make a value-adding difference to both process improvement and capital project execution.
Your career development will be enhanced through working alongside expert colleagues in a highly collaborative team environment. You’ll also join our structured development program through our Engineering Ladder, a clear out-line of what steps are available. As your skills and experience grow, so will your responsibilities and impact.
Staff Process Engineer > Process Engineer > Senior Engineer> Principal Engineer > Snr Leadership
Key responsibilities: Reliability Engineer
Maintenance Engineering Aspect
Maintenance Engineering Key Mission is to enable Equipment Maintainability – provide the parts lists, repair & inspection procedures, methods, and information enabling the success of Maintenance Planners and Skilled Trades
- Seeks Daily interaction with Plant / Area Maintenance Teams
- Develops and improves Equipment Inspection Plans, Predictive Monitoring generating timely discovery of service wear and incipient failure conditions.
- Acquires and applies Intimate Technical knowledge of Plant Equipment via Manuals, Specifications, Drawings, OEM interactions.
- Distills technical information into concise executable Task, Resource, and Procedure documents for Planners and Skilled Tradesmen.
Reliability Engineering Aspect
Reliability Engineering Key Mission to prevent Plant Equipment failures, downtime, and cost.
- Improves Reliability of Plant Critical Equipment and Systems though engineered enhancements, improved Operational care & Use, and Improved Asset Care Strategies.
- Leads Process Systems reliability improvement efforts.
- Develops and Executes Small-Med Reliability-focused CapEx projects
- Owns Asset Care Strategies
- Owns Lubrication, PdM Technology and Application programs and efforts Develops personal and relevant Team expertise.
- Owns Asset Structure and CMMS utilization
- Supports Plant Equipment Standards creation and evergreen sustainment.
- Provides Reliability focus and support for new Capital Equipment, and integration into Asset Structures, Care Strategies, and Care Plans
- Converts Job Execution Feedback into improved Procedures, Task sequencing, Inspection criteria
- Provides Engineering solutions for component and equipment obsolescence
- Owns the Execution Metrics Criteria, and Generation methods for Operations/Maintenance Team utilization
- Owns the equipment Technical Information Repository
- Supports Capital Project equipment selection and spare parting to align with existing standards and asset base.
We’re looking for engineers who strive for excellence and are eager for more responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Plant Maintenance & Reliability Engineering or similar technical role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment, and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement projects, which improve the operational effectiveness of a process.
- Experience using root cause analysis, and predictive maintenance technologies such as vibration analysis, infrared, acoustic emissions, tribology, etc.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical equipment and systems (e.g. pumps, fans, blowers, conveyor systems, compressors, dryers, bearings, seals, etc.)
- Basic Understanding of controls systems and how they integrate with physical mechanical assets.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Experience in Continuous Industrial Processing and equipment is preferred over discrete manufacturing.
- Knowledgeable in use of SAP Maintenance or other EAM/CMMS.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial, or other related engineering/technical field.
Protecting our people and the environment is foundational to our business
Each team member is expected to support the Primient culture where Environment, Health and Safety are the overriding values in all activities.
This position requires the ability to safely perform the following:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability see color and adjust focus.
Primient will base all of its employment decisions on job-related standards and its commitment to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Primient will ensure that promotion decisions are made in accordance with the principles of EEO by imposing only valid requirements for promotional opportunities. Primient will also ensure that all other human resource matters such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to an employee's race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The successful attainment of equal employment opportunity requires the maximum cooperation of all employees. All managers and supervisors are responsible for implementing and enforcing this Policy. In addition, all other employees are expected to perform their job responsibilities in a manner that supports equal employment opportunity for all.
Rewards & benefits
Competitive salary with performance linked enhancements / 401 K matching and non-contingent matching plans / Healthcare / Medical insurance
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are passionate believers in the power of difference. We strive to represent the communities in which we operate and to provide an inclusive, welcoming environment for all. We want Primient to be a place where every employee feels they belong and knows they are seen, heard, valued and safe to speak up. Our aspiration is to unlock the full potential in diverse perspectives, while offering everyone an equal chance to grow, thrive and progress.
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.