Transportation Planner - Truck
Ready for a Supply Chain career with more impact? Join a market leader in ingredient manufacturing that is poised for a new era of success.
Established yet entrepreneurial: Primient is an industry leader with proven products, six manufacturing plants, 1500+ employees and deep roots in corn wet milling. Yet we’re also a brand-new company that is ready to drive change and create impact.
Inspired by a meaningful purpose: we use renewable sources to produce plant-based ingredients for some of the world’s best-known brands. It feels good to produce safe, high-quality, sustainable products – that go into everything from sodas to hand cream and cardboard to clothing.
Poised for a new era of success: we’re investing in our plants and people to unlock our potential in the industrial and food sectors. Guided by our values of Safety, Excellence, Integrity, and Growth, we’re focused on growing our business, our reputation, and the career of every colleague.
The purpose of this role is ensure that Primient products are transported to our customers in the most cost effective, timely, efficient and safe manner.
Key responsibilities: Transportation Planner - Truck
- Responsible for load planning within the TMS system.
- Capacity management with both Primient asset based carriers and freight brokers.
- Research and analyze delivery methods and delivery schedules to minimize costs and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Relationship management with the Primient carrier network.
- Perform routing analysis as requested
- Perform route efficiency and cost savings analysis
- Price delivery portion of new business proposals
- Frequent interactions with both Primient plants and 3rd party locations.
- Exception management within the TMS system.
- Negotiation of spot rates with both van and bulk carriers.
- Management of accessorial related charges.
- Monitoring of dock and bulk load out scheduling at Primient warehouses and plants.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Proactive interaction with Customer Service to address service related issues.
- Help develop and implement routing changes as needed.
- Work with Accounts Payable to address freight discrepancies.
The ideal candidate will possess a can do positive attitude, a documented history of success in transportation that includes coordination of load planning, carrier and capacity management, rate analysis/negotiations, accounts payable, claims resolution.
- High school diploma or equivalent, additional education preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Transportation experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to apply independent thinking and analysis skills
- Basic accounting experience/knowledge
- Detail-oriented with high level of accuracy
- Ability to complete tasks under strict deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively with both internal and external customers
- Ability to successfully identify, analyze and solve issues
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Rewards & benefits
Competitive salary / 401 K matching and non-contingent matching plans / Healthcare / Medical insurance
Our structure provides autonomy and accountability in your role. You have scope to develop a depth of expertise and the opportunity to follow career pathways outside the norm.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are passionate believers in the power of difference. We strive to represent the communities in which we operate and to provide an inclusive, welcoming environment for all. We want Primient to be a place where every employee feels they belong and knows they are seen, heard, valued and safe to speak up. Our aspiration is to unlock the full potential in diverse perspectives, while offering everyone an equal chance to grow, thrive and progress.
Primient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.