Accountant, PPG Operations
Accountant, PPG Operations
Ready for an Accounting career with more impact? Join a market leader in ingredient manufacturing that is poised for a new era of success.
Established yet entrepreneurial: Primient is an industry leader with proven products, six manufacturing plants, 1500+ employees and deep roots in corn wet milling. Yet we’re also a brand-new company that is ready to drive change and create impact.
Inspired by a meaningful purpose: we use renewable sources to produce plant-based ingredients for some of the world’s best-known brands. It feels good to produce safe, high-quality, sustainable products – that go into everything from sodas to hand cream and cardboard to clothing.
Poised for a new era of success: we’re investing in our plants and people to unlock our potential in the industrial and food sectors. Guided by our values of Safety, Excellence, Integrity, and Growth, we’re focused on growing our business, our reputation, and the career of every colleague.
The contribution of our Finance teams is vital to the performance, profitability, and continued growth of the Primient business. Across Finance, we are exploring new and better ways to harness data, improve decision-making and add value – while optimizing the investment we are making in our plants and people.
The Accountant, PPG Operations will primarily be partnering with our Grain Operations group that runs our Grain Elevator Network.
Key responsibilities: Accountant, PPG Operations
- Business partnering with Operations, including management & auditing of controls, partner trainings, and software support
- Quickly develop a detailed understanding of the business and market, including products/services, business segments, customers, and competitors
- Develop & monitor coherent and integrated KPIs and performance measures relevant to the plant
- Support Capital Asset Expenditure (CAPEX) project finance management decisions and analysis, including the analyses of opportunities and risk trade-offs
- Create and advise on business-driven financial analyses, ensuring alignment with business strategies, priorities, and financial requirements, such as modeling the viability of new business efforts to include cost-benefit analyses, and costing scenarios based on the business leaders’ strategic direction and input
- Provide decision support on short, medium and long-term issues through the use of data, sensitivity analysis, information and business understanding
- Provide financial consulting on key strategic initiatives and priorities to help the organization stay focused on achieving their strategic goals
- Responsible for month end close process including reporting, analysis and reconciliations
- Partner with the FP&A team to create a best-in-class finance & accounting function, ensuring roles & responsibilities are aligned to allow for the most efficient use of company resources
- Support development of annual budgets, strategic business plans and monthly forecasts including analysis and variance explanations
- Assist with providing support for audits (internal, external, state) encouraging a proficient process
- Assist in the preparation of annual statutory financial reporting & grain license applications
- Perform audits: fixed assets and process (controls)
- Occasional travel, typically less than 10%
- Manage Global Shared Service relationships as needed:
- Accounts Payable
- Vendor Master Data
- Report Processing
- Adhoc analysis & other business requests provide adhoc reports and analysis as needed to support overall business
- Experience dealing with and influencing senior leadership and external stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining focus on overall company objectives (“the big picture”)
- Ability to take ownership of a project and deliver consistently
- Ability to manage in a dynamic and changing environment – can handle volume and pace
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Willingness to constructively challenge the status quo and provide alternative solutions
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes
- Strong computer and Microsoft applications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have:
- Agriculture/Commodity trading experience
- SAP experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including analytical modeling
- Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm to learn or improve PowerBI / Big Data, including experience with data warehouses, to be able to access, manage and gain insights directly from data
Rewards & benefits
Competitive salary / 401 K matching and non-contingent matching plans / Healthcare / Medical insurance
Our structure provides autonomy and accountability in your role. You have scope to develop a depth of expertise and the opportunity to follow career pathways outside the norm.
This role is based in our Deactur, Il offices.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are passionate believers in the power of difference. We strive to represent the communities in which we operate and to provide an inclusive, welcoming environment for all. We want Primient to be a place where every employee feels they belong and knows they are seen, heard, valued and safe to speak up. Our aspiration is to unlock the full potential in diverse perspectives, while offering everyone an equal chance to grow, thrive and progress.
Primient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.