Primient is a global provider of ingredients and solutions to the food, beverage, and other industries, operating 6 locations in the U.S.A & Brazil. Through large scale, efficient manufacturing plants, Primient turns raw materials into distinctive, high-quality ingredients. These ingredients and solutions add taste, texture, nutrition, and increased functionality to products that millions of people around the world use or consume every day.
The Lab Manager leads the Food Safety and Quality Programs for Laboratory and Plant Operations.
- Directly manage and provide guidance to Quality Lab Team to ensure smooth daily operation of the QC laboratory.
- Oversight of training of technicians and maintenance of all training records
- Responsible for laboratory safety activities and supporting all plant safety related policies:
- Lead lab safety meeting
- Ensure lab technicians complete all required safety related training and work in accordance to all safety policies.
- Responsible for maintaining area specific food safety and quality documents and activities:
- Quality SOPs
- Finished and raw material records
- Assist/Lead Out of Specification investigation
- Oversee Monthly EMP for Starch, Refinery & Dextrose
- Assist in analyzing and responding to customer complaints
- Preventive Controls training of technicians, as required
- Oversee & work in conjunction with the instrument specialist and maintenance/calibration of the lab equipment (e.g., GC, HPLC, AA, pH, RI, RVA & YSI)
- Oversee CRA program
- Provide guidance on testing requirements for all products
- Responsible for preparation and reporting of monthly quality results (product quality performance）
- Provide support for the Quality Assurance programs:
- cGMP and quality system audits.
- Customer tours and customer audits.
- Participate in plant food safety programs
- Preventive Controls and prerequisite programs
- Other tasks arranged by line manager
Skills and experience required
- Bachelor's degree in a Science related field, with 5-10 years food industry experience preferred.
- Experience in laboratory management and good laboratory practices required
- Knowledge of lab instrumentation and calibrations
- Must be persuasive, willing to take initiative, and possess adaptability and communication skills necessary for success in this position
- A working knowledge of SAP, SAP quality programs
- A working knowledge of quality and food safety systems (e.g., cGMP, HACCP, Sanitation, Maintenance, Calibration)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to build good relationships with internal and external peers
What we offer you:
At Primient you will have the opportunity to drive end to end solutions while owning a high level of accountability and ownership. Additionally, you will have access to:
- Competitive salary with generous bonus plan
- 401K matching and non-contingent matching plans
- Full suite of benefit offerings starting Day 1
This position requires the ability to safely perform the following tasks:
- Lifting of up to 55 pounds without mechanical assistance.
- Climb a vertical ladder up to 15ft
- Climb several flights of stairs, several times a shift
- Stand for up to 1 hour without sitting
- Bending and twisting motion at the waist and knees