Customer Service Rep
Ready for a Supply Chain career with more impact? Join a market leader in ingredient manufacturing that is poised for a new era of success.
Established yet entrepreneurial: Primient is an industry leader with proven products, six manufacturing plants, 1500+ employees and deep roots in corn wet milling. Yet we’re also a brand-new company that is ready to drive change and create impact.
Inspired by a meaningful purpose: we use renewable sources to produce plant-based ingredients for some of the world’s best-known brands. It feels good to produce safe, high-quality, sustainable products – that go into everything from sodas to hand cream and cardboard to clothing.
Poised for a new era of success: we’re investing in our plants and people to unlock our potential in the industrial and food sectors. Guided by our values of Safety, Excellence, Integrity, and Growth, we’re focused on growing our business, our reputation, and the career of every colleague.
Our Customer Service team ensures that orders run smoothly from start to finish. Team members deal directly with customer contacts daily – building a rapport and strong long-term relationships. There is also lots of collaboration with colleagues in Sales, Production Planning and Transportation, providing a broad exposure to the Primient business.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) requires strong dedication to providing a high level of service to our customers, and partners with sales to manage customer relationships and expectations. This role is the primary contact for customers and internal stakeholders, acting as the liaison to ensure strong communication amongst all relevant parties and helping to drive the company’s strategy forward as a valued added supplier.
Key responsibilities: Customer Service Rep
- Serves as customer’s primary point of contact for all order and supply chain related inquiries
- Responsible for all aspects of order entry and processing
- Order management and oversight from order receipt to product delivery to the customer
- Collaborates with various internal teams across Supply Chain and Sales to manage situations impacting the customer
- Problem solves to ensure customer is supplied through product shortages, production failures, or truck shortages
- Tracks shipments for customers and provides assistance in expediting when needed
- Managed EDI orders such as order confirmations, shipment notices, COAs, and invoices that are transmitted via EDI from the customer
- Monitors daily reports to ensure order movement as expected
- Provides documentation support
- Responds to customer inquiries for product documentation
- Manages documentation output for order related documents
- Ensures proper information is supplied on customs documents for clearance of orders being exported outside the US
- Responsible for contract review and billing activities
- Verifies contract pricing is accurate to ensure correct invoicing
- Resolves customer payment discrepancies
- Obtains required approvals to issue customer credits or debits as needed
- Support special customer requests as needed
- Manages input and extraction of information from customer portals accurately
- Manages consignment process, replenishing shipments and reconciling inventories on a regular basis
- Achieve high target goal of global customer metrics by processing all customer orders, invoices, and related outputs accurately and within agreed timeframe and satisfactorily managing and resolving all customer complaints within agreed timeframe.
- Assess and escalates any urgent issues to sales and management as appropriate
- Perfectly executed order
- Complaint response and closure time
- Cross functional feedback on level of customer support provided
- Exhibit a troubleshooting and continuous improvement mindset to improve customer service standards
- Support a positive team environment, contributing to others’ tasks and activities when available and needed
- Maintain an orderly workflow ensuring proper prioritization of activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years Customer Service experience in a related area
- Extensive knowledge of SAP and Microsoft applications
- Experience in a quick response, highly fluctuating, customer driven industry
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to work on call on a rotating basis
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent customer awareness and focus
- Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demands high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers and business partners
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Must have the ability to maintain calm under pressure and work in a fast paced team environment
- Strong efficiency and organizational skills
Rewards & benefits
Competitive salary / 401 K matching and non-contingent matching plans / Healthcare / Medical insurance
Our structure provides autonomy and accountability in your role. You have scope to develop a depth of expertise and the opportunity to follow career pathways outside the norm.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are passionate believers in the power of difference. We strive to represent the communities in which we operate and to provide an inclusive, welcoming environment for all. We want Primient to be a place where every employee feels they belong and knows they are seen, heard, valued and safe to speak up. Our aspiration is to unlock the full potential in diverse perspectives, while offering everyone an equal chance to grow, thrive and progress.
Primient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.